Tuesday 12 March 2013

Win

This song and band kept me amused on my run home from work today, don't know why this particular tune resonated so much but it did put a spring in my step, I like songs that make you think but sometimes simple is best. I certainly want the world to know about my challenge and I am radio friendly but it certainly doesn't keep me up at night. With backpack again today and after trying a run 19 walk 1 minute strategy for the last week today I went for a run 9 walk 1 strategy but think over a long distance with stops for food, talking to people etc etc will slow me down a little too much so am going to stick to the 19-1 strategy. Also been offered the use of a dictaphone for my run which will help the blogging and remembering the details loads as my short term memory is frankly crap and I always think of loads of things to talk about when out then forget them all when I get home. Crap with names too and want to be able to thank random kind people. So that is going to be tidy as long as I remember to use it, hmmm... One thing I do remember thinking today was I wonder how long, without taking into account aforementioned food and talk stops, I will run for in all during the 25 days I'm going. Then I thought wouldn't it be fun if people could bet on it in a sweepstake style. So that is what I am doing. The link is below but all you need do now is make a minimum donation of £3 for every entry you want, stipulating that you want entry and how many, and when I have the 40 entries I need or by 25 March, whichever comes first, I will put all options in one hat( I have many hats) and all names in another and you get allocated what you get allocated. I shall video the draw for you tube in the interest of fair play. Options start at less than 101 hours and then go up in increments of 2 to the last one which is over 177 hours. So for instance if you were drawn as 151 you would win for any time between 151 hours and152 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Make sense? Only rules being that.. 1. If I get less than 20 entries, but we are a nation of gamblers right?, you will unfortunately forfeit your entry and the lucky charities will be better off anyway 2.If I get more than 20 but the winning time is not allocated it will go to the next closest, if it is a tie the one who didn't go bust (ovr my actual time) wins. I will update spreadsheet every night until we have enough entries, if it seems that there will be a lot more than 40 entries I will run the competition twice. So what will you win I hear you holler? Well one you will win my stinking running shoes which will have over 1500 miles in them by the time the challenge is over, a worthless signed challenge running top (not realy selling this too well am I?) and either two £10 tickets fo the post events charity auction night or a £20 voucher for the shop ofyour choice. You in? Anonymous donations wont really work unless you message me in which case I will keep your identity a secret. Sorry if you have already donated and want in, you will have to dig deep again. ;-) Spreadsheet: Charty Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment