Saturday 9 March 2013

A Night with the Stars

Was a little stressed yesterday, just that the challenge seemed to be taking up all my time, despite my brother taking over lots of the logistics arranging, and was getting a bit on top of me. Thankfully I have now put things into perspective and realised I was just being a bit of a dick, I mean what did I expect, was always going to be busy with less than three weeks to go and with it being vital that I explore every avenue possible to muster support of any kind, whether it be donations or help on route. My change in mindset was helped by a night out last night at a charity fundraising event, A Night with the Stars, for Rob's school, the staff and kids put on a great show raising lots of money for a great cause. His school is really magical and it will be a sad day when he has to leave, a fantastic community spirit is evident whenever you go to one of their events or visit the school. Yes they may have learning and physical difficulties but the commitment of everyone involved in the school means the kids lives are considersably richer than many others. So that helped me get some perspective and remember why I am doing this and I must continue to do so whenever I decide to feel sorry for myself. I will have time to relax come April 22nd :-) Bumped into an ex student at the event too who had sponsored my £50 by the time I got home to check my page which is always a boost, I wonder who it will be today that puts some money in the pot? I have decided to stop pushing for donations on FB and Twitter for a week as was in danger of overkill but I feel optimistic that the money will continue coming in regardless, the endless email and canvassing means it is sort of taking on a life of its own. Only done 30 miles this week so far, although this is my first rest day since 25th February, which is fine. Lots of miles planned for tomorrow though, not sure how many but am looking to spend four to five hours plodding around with my new Inov-8 backpack filled as it will be on the challenge. All downhill from there then really with 16 days until I head North to the start lilne. Todays song was bought to you by David Bowie, his new album is magnificent, can't believe he is 66, hope I am that cool when I reach his age. Probably wont be because I am not even cool now. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague

No comments:

Post a Comment