Sunday 17 March 2013

11 days, feeling inspired

I'm done, a nice 15 and a bit miles this morning with a few gentle elevations and a nice steep one at around half way taking me and my running partner for the day, Jenny, up to a lovely view over Ffos Las race course and Carmarthen Bay. I always think the climb is worth the view at the top, I hope Jenny did too. Have only know Jenny a couple of weeks since she volunteered to marshall at the Born to Run Ultra and since then become one of the only people on earth to read my blog and offer fantastic support for my challenge, through sharing, enthusiasm and sponsorship. Now Jenny didn't have to offer run with me anymore than I had to change my mind at the last moment and go with the more testing route but mental strength is the order of the day and Jenny showed bucket loads of it which is yet another contribution to my motivation bank and one of the things I will draw on over the next 5 weeks at the times when I begin to questions exactly what possessed me. The next 11 days then will consist of some 6 mile runs, a few miles on Veera, tying up the loose ends of the challenge, getting ahead of the game with work and going into networking overdrive. If the whole seven (cue James) degrees of separation theory is true, and surely social media has decreased that if anything why shouldn't I believe that millions can hear about my challenge with a bit of hard work and help? So once again please don't forget to share, follow me on twitter @700miles25days or add me on facebook by searching iampremierleague. Website here:

2 comments: