Saturday 16 March 2013

12 days aka stingy baby cow not right!

12 days until I kick off and my left calf was a little tight (hence the blog title, is clever as I get :-) ) this morning I think or at least it certainly was when I thought about it :-) Nice stretch post run and a new run walk strategy and all seems ok now. Went with a repeated 30 second walk after 9.30 mins and then a minute walk after 19 mins, think this may be the final strategy. Is important I remember why I am doing it though as a couple of times in last few runs have thought to myself 'I don't need a walk break right now' but then realise I am taking the break so I am better 1,2, 3 or more hours down the line.15 miles tomorrow will be my last double figure run before the off, if you see me pounding the streets or talking about going 10 or more before then please slap me, I am always capable of succumbing to temptation you know. Am still getting the challenge out there, managed to get registered on 'Knees up Mother Brown' the West Ham forum today and have already had two donations from them which is just brilliant and gives me such a boost. Don't get me wrong they are not big donations but enough, anything is enough. I fully expect my faith in society to be justified by the end of the run, it is acts of kindness like this that will do it. I never have bought into the tabloid gloom and doom 'Broken Britain' stance anyway. Todays song comes from Steve Mason the ex lead singer of the hugely under rated Beta Band. Quality tune, grab his new album if you like this, you wont be disappointed. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague

No comments:

Post a Comment