Sunday 3 March 2013

I just don't know what to do with myself...

Less than 4 weeks to go until I kick off and have no idea what way to take my training, done over 43 miles over the last 2 days and felt strong but apart from planning a 30 miler next Sunday avec newly ordered Inov-8 backpack not sure what I should be doing, as I said previously am so conscious of not breaking myself. So come on you knowledgable lot, what would you do? No running until Wednesday whatever. Just a work commute on Veera tomorrow! Ran with Llanelli Half marathon today, had a few friends taking part so met them at around 1.5 miles after running about 2 .5 miles already and had a nice plod around. Although I am wearing the garmin to keep track of distance covered, and I may have mentioned this before too, am enjoying the freedom of not worrying about pace and just listening to my legs, anyway the legs today were telling me at 8.5 miles that I was tired but a mile later carried me away which was nice for two reasons, one being that it seems I am getting stronger the longer I go which is good, and secondly I could peel off in the finishing straight of the half and cheer the guys in. Wore the challenge shirt too and got a few nice comments and promises of donations so that was another job well done. Hit £2000 last night with a £65 anonymous donation, if you are reading this and are one of my anonymous donators please let me know, I wont share if you don't want me to but would love to thank you personally. Was two weeks ago today I was asking for donations to get me past the £1000 mark having taken 8 weeks to get there, hope this is a sign of the speed at which things are gathering pace and I am past the £3000 mark very soon :-) Please feel free to help the cause http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague

No comments:

Post a Comment