Tuesday 5 March 2013

Taper Tightrope

Before I begin can someone have a peep at my giving page and whisper how many more days I have left to go, I don't want to look but am willing for someone to tell me quietly. Now it is not that I am scared of the challenge, well not that scared, I will complete it, there will be great days, good days, bad days and truly awful days, I can deal with that, hey I'm a glass half full type of guy. Today though I am suffering from taper madness times a squillion. i really do feel as if I am on a tightrope. One wrong move could end in disaster. It was supposed to be a rest day so why did I decide to run, because I like to I guess. Someone, Laura, needs to make sure I stick to these plans because as it turns out today could have been a disaster. Sure I have got the usual pre-event niggles that I know are somehow a figment of my ever active over imagination but I also took a tumble today that could so easily have meant curtains. I tripped on something, it felt like I stood on it with one foot then got the other caught in it. Suffice to say I went flying, luckily I was on soft ground as I landed on my knee with a fair clout. I couldn't find what I had tripped on though despite careful inspection, maybe it was the voice of reason? Well if things weren't already in perspective they bloody well are now. I am feeling very fragile and would love to just go and roll myself up in a huge roll of cotton wool, I will leave my head poking out so Mrs T can feed me. Unfortunately I have a life to get on with in the meantime, with at a conservative estimate 150 miles probably to cover before kick off as well. Sure everthing will be fine but is more than an ickle bit scary as I have said before, I just need to get to that start line. Despite my taper craziness and that is all the above is, please shout at me if I keep on about it too much, there are lots of positive things happening too. Still not enough donations coming infor my liking but that will happen especially with increased media focus and the whole round table thing (right?) but got a great deal from Pete Bland Sports http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/ on my backpack which was already half price and then reduced further when they knew it was for my challenge, £20 for and £80 pack, tidy! (Have I already told you that? head in the shed) Also got some route information through from a few people that is in as miniscule detail as 'take the third left after the roundabout, you will know it is the one because it has a postbox on the corner and a blue house three houses down on the right'. That people I don't actually know have gone to that much trouble for me, creating these routes not for just one 25 mile day but in some cases three, blows my tiny mind. ;-) Am going to sort through all my replies from football clubs tonight whislt watching Man U v Real and do some follow up letters etc. Hope fully that will take my mind off my imaginary aches and pains that, I forgot to mention, weren't helped by Caitlin telling Rob that she knows when I am coming up the stairs because she can hear my bones clicking. :-0 The only thing, as ever, that can really take my mind off it is money coming in for my charities. Is not about me is it.... PS Look at me all technical working out how to embed youtube videos rather than having crap links, prepare to be amazed by my fantastic musical taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment