Sunday 24 January 2010

Taking Encouragement

When racing today the majority of the way round there was a bloke just behind me telling everyone who went past him that he had been out on the lash until 4.30 this morning which got a little annoying. However from about 2.5 miles in there was a lady in front of me that he kept shouting encouragement to along the lines of 'Come on Paul(ine?) push it don't let me beat you etc etc etc'. Now after a couple of minutes of this I decided to adopt the name Paul and pretend he was shouting encouragement at me. Wrong? I don't think so, anything that gives you any advantage, as long as its legal, right?


Must admit that in the last 100 metres when he went flying past me and was about 103 years old I felt quite inadequate though. I'm over it! Fair play to the drunken old git!


Had the Starbuck's caramel shortbread and the Cadbury's Caramel family size bar is in the fridge ready for watching 'Rock and Chips' tonight, always been a Trotter family fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment