Monday 18 January 2010

My Guardian Running Angel

5 x 2400 metre efforts tonights going up in increments of 10bpm hr from 135bpm to 175bpm. Was pretty concerned before starting that I wouldn't be able to do the whole 175 effort but that was when I thought I was going to be on my own.

However when I got to the track a tall dark stranger from running heaven took me under his wing and paced me for the last 3 efforts, only to disappear into the night at the end of the last effort mumbling something about 'burnt bloody chicken in the oven and the wife hanging him from the nearest lamppost by his short and curlies'.

So next time you are apprehensive about a run remember me and my 2400 metres at 175bpm in just over 11 minutes which is the my best session ever (except in a race but that doesnt count) and maybe, just maybe your angel shall be on your shoulder.

Wherever you are, whoever you are, you know who you are and I thank you. Loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment