Sunday 17 January 2010

A New Dawn


Started my heart rate training today with the long term goal of vast improvements in performance whilst hoping I will start to see benefits by the time London comes around.

Don't know if it was because was so early, the hr monitor was having problems to pick up my heart beat properly or if the first mile or so is always bad but when I started and the first mile at 140bpm was at over 15mm pace I was thinking this could be the longest 5 miles ever. Thankfully by the time the fourth snail had whizzed past me the hr started dropping in direct correlation to my pace rising and I ended up averaging around 9.50mm pace at 140bpm. Am sure that will drop drastically over next 6 weeks and will soon be up to 8mm pace at LTHR as needed to meet London Marathon plan. If things don't improve very soon I'm going to need to start the marathon about 3 in the morning to avoid being the casualty on the news crawling over the line at about 6 in the evening with buses and cars whizzing by....

Sorry for the jargon any followers who are not runners, you could always educate yourselves and do some research though.....or leave a comment, that would be exciting for me and you, I feel a little deprived with the lack of comments so how about it, make a sad individual happy?

Ooh cookers beeping, chicken is roasted, protein time....

No comments:

Post a Comment