Sunday 3 January 2010

Thank the girls or a psychological barrier overcome!

Was not planning to run today but when my 12 year old daughter decided to have 4 friends round for a sleepover last night things changed. There was no way our planned pasta dish was going to stretch around 9 people so I had to 'force' a Domino's down on only my second day of eating healthily after Xmas. Was only right then to try also to consume all sweets, mince pies, pringles and xmas pud left in the house right?

So at 8am this morning I knew I wanted to run but didn't know where, as is very icy, or what session to do. Finding myself on the football pitch behind my house I decided to overcome my last pyschological barrier before official VLM plan starts tomorrow. I have been injured for a major part of the last 2 months due to a torn hip flexor sustained after a hard fartlek session with the club. So what better way to convince myself I am back to 100% fitness? Yes another fartlek session, and you will be glad to know, I'm sure, that I have had no adverse reaction. Thankyou sleepover girls.....

Roll on tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment