Monday 11 January 2010

If I had wanted to be in the army...


...then I would have joined bloody years ago.

Honestly, it is amazing how fast a good track session can turn into a nightmare. Did really enjoy on the local track, where I have been known to hurdle the fence to gain entry once or twice. Felt strong and a good pace. However on receiving the nod from a good friend of mine I decided to clamber up the bank by the side of the track and find a supposed gap in said fence to aid access and exit. Easy enough if you fancy a 150 metre crawl thorugh stinging nettles, thorn bushes and potholes the size of a small pond to find it. Honestly I felt like a commando but probably looked more like Lance-Corporal Jack Jones. Found the gap though, was at the opposite end from where I started at the end of a little well worn pathway leading up from the track.

So the joys of being a runner now extend to nipple rash, chafing in places that you really done want to chafe and thorns and stingers in every possible crevice you could imagine.

Night is falling and you just can't see
Is this illusion or reality
You're in the army now
Oh, oh, you're in the army now

No comments:

Post a Comment