Wednesday 10 February 2010

Still hungover...

...from Sunday's run possibly? Certainly that coupled with a long day with the Czech Republic students today contributed to my apathy going out the door tonight. Was a really tough recovery run, a real struggle to do 5 miles at around 9mm pace let alone the planned 9 miles to be frank. Some may see this as weak, I see it as sensible. I'm sure tomorrows tempo will be much better, have a day off Friday then and will make the decision depending on how I feel whether or not to make it a 2 day break leading up to Sunday's 18 miler.


On the subject of our Czech visitors I must say what a fantastically mature and disciplined group of 16-18 year olds they are, I only hope our crowd are as good when we visit them next month. Bet they bloody aren't though.


Oh yeah have decided am giving up chocolate and biscuits for lent which I'm sure, along with my continued abstinence from all things alcoholic (except this Sunday), will lead to a strong 6 weeks leading up to VLM.

No comments:

Post a Comment