Friday 5 February 2010

'Orrible Kids

Enjoyed tonight having swapped my rest days after a serious case of cba yesterday. Did a 5 mile tempo home from work with mile warm up and 2 mile warm down. The tempo was at the best pace I have ever pushed myself in training and felt comfortable and strong, only need to be able to do it for another 21.2 miles and a 3.30 VLM will be all mine.



My route home from work took me up through Station Road past the two Child's Plays and out by Asda. (Think Townhhill, Shirley Warren or any rough areas where you the reader may live) Well I think I got more abuse from various gangs of youths in that half mile than at any time in two years running. Now I can cope with the usual crap like 'Run Forrest Run' but when one partcularly acne ridden 16/17 year old ran past me with a mate and called me a 'Stupid C**t' I'm afraid I took offence. I am NOT stupid. Ignored it for about 30 seconds then thought I'm gonna catch the little fecker and put the fear of god into him and would have managed to if not for traffic and then Asda. Was only going to scare him a little but OH suggests in her Police Officer guise that just chasing him aggressively was enough to be charged with assault. Anyway point is that unfortunately my slow warm down was punctuated with a 4.59mm pace sprint.


Wont be running that way again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment