Thursday 18 February 2010

Food Mountain


7 miles this morning which was fine physically but very difficult in terms of energy. Am sure this wasn't helped by the fact that I only did 10 miles yesterday evening but I think has more to do with my nutritional intake.


Am the first to admit my diet has left a lot to be desired over the last few weeks as my abstaining from alcohol (virtually) has seemed to lead to an addiction to chocolate and biscuits, in particular Double Deckers and Malted Milks, often together. If it wasn't for the amount of miles I was putting in I would weigh about 24 stone for sure. However I do believe that the amount of sugary stuff helped with the energy levels.


Now, having decided to loosely use lent as my motivation, I have cut out all the crap to get back to the healthy diet I enjoyed for much of the last three years. Is clear though that just one pancake, and a lack of calories overall since Tuesday morning has left my energy levels a little low so am going to have to go back to eating a food mountain of healthy stuff every day. 5 small healthy meals a day and a large portion of whatever I'm making for the kids for tea (not including chips) is back on the menu, in fact have just had 2 slices of natural peanut butter on soya bread and a low fat apricot yoghurt for afternoon snack. Shepherds pie tonight.....


Mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment