Sunday 21 February 2010

Just Like Heaven


Sinking into a hot bath after a run/race of any kind, don't you agree? Well todays was better than heaven. Don't think this is blasphemous but I am willing to dodge a few bolts of lightning, just not today, I couldn't dodge a codding bean (old saying from my younger days, anyone recognise it?)


Anyway did 20 miles and am now sat here with a grin like a cheshire cat, wasn't feeling like that just over an hour ago though, the last 5 miles were the toughest thing I have ever done physically, and possibly mentally, but I did do them. Think is safe to say I now know what the wall feels like. Hard!


Not sure why was so much tougher than last weeks 18, a little warmer for sure? In terms of taking on lfuel during the run did exactly same thing as last week, couple swigs of lucozade every 3 miles. Obviously not enough. Had a little more porridge than usual this morning, could that have been a factor, or do I need to eat it closer to running? Maybe will try 3 hours before next week rather thanthe usual 4.


So many questions left unanswered, just hope I feel better than this come VLM...

No comments:

Post a Comment