Saturday 20 February 2010

More nutrition talk


Did 5 miles this morning after a few beers and packs of McCoys last night. God they are good crisps aye. Nice run, no niggles at all, hopefully will say the same after tomorrows 20.


Now I know regular subscribers to my blog will be thinking 'He said he wasn't drinking or eating crap' but I can explain myself. After my last blog, where I set out my stall for healthy eating, I decided to do some in depth research and ask some nutrition experts, namely here:
Check it out, I'm not paying for full membership but you can learn a lot in the 24 hour trial period.


Turns out that to maintain current weight with amount of miles I'm doing need to be be consuming 4300 calories a day and if I want to lose 2lb a week, around 3200 calories a day. Trust me that is a lot of calories. To highlight this my intake for Thursday which was spread over 6 meals was;



  • A bowl of porridge

  • A banana

  • An apple

  • 100g wheat pasta with chiilis, peppers and spring onions

  • 2 slices of soya bread with natural peanut butter

  • 3 low fat yoghurts

  • 500g portion of shepherds pie with peas and gravy

  • 3 weetabix with sultanas and skimmed milk

Now this only came in at just over 2000 calories for the day with nutritional requirements nowhere near satisfied. This is not healthy when training for a marathon so really have to up my intake. I am happy to have twice as much pasta/rice for lunch or porridge for breakfast but that is about all I can do and would still be barely enough so have decided one a day a week it is important I have a day off healthy eating. Am sure you all agree...

No comments:

Post a Comment