Tuesday 2 March 2010

Second half...

So I have entered the 2nd half of my VLM plan and am, without doubt, feeling stronger than I have done since I began running.

Interval session tonight was almost enjoyable, 1.5 miles are long intervals but relatively pleased with an average of 7.14 minute mile pace over 4 splits. Certainly gives me the confidence to say can definitely do 8mm pace in Llanelli Half at the weekend which would knock 25 minutes off last years time, my first ever Half. Whether I will beat my PB from Torfaen of 1.41.22 remains to be seen but this will be more like a PB to me anyway as, lets be honest, the first 6 miles of Torfaen are nearly all downhill.

Have got a sponsored walk with 70 of my students tomorrow to raise money for my VLM charity, Link (roll over me to see where I go), followed by a 11 mile slow run. Should be looking forward to it but a youngest child with an upset stomach is threatening to put a large spanner in the works at the moment, anyone for babysitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment