Thursday 18 March 2010

Oops!


I don't know Teplice very well obviously, not surprising since have been here under 5 days I suppose. I don't think I would get lost if I was put down anywhere but is clear I don't know what the areas are like.




Had a 11 mile tempo to do today, of which I only did 7.5. Why? Well had a trip to local brewery this morning where it would have been rude not to have had the free pint of beer. Following this with a 12" pizza and 6 glasses of complimentary wine at a beer cellar this afternoon and you begin to get an idea as to why running wasn't the easiest. Taking a sore throat and slight cold into account and I believe I should be happy with 7.5, they were 20 seconds faster than planned too.




Anyway on way to brewery this morning I identified a long undulating road leading out of town which I thought would be good to run along. I was right on the way out running against the traffic as per the runners handbook. However half way back on the opposite side it became clear that I had entered the red light district, within half a mile I had been grabbed at and propositioned by about 7 ladies of the night and shouted at by what I can only presume were their pimps. A little hairy to say the least...So where am I to do my LSR on Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment