Thursday 25 March 2010

Slacking off?


When I started training for VLM intention was to blog each run but have missed a few lately, there is only so much time in a day right?

Suppose could be said have been slacking off with my running too, have missed one timetabled session a week for last few weeks, for different reasons, but when I think about how I'm feeling at the moment in terms of strength and confidence think has been for the best. Take tonight's tempo run as an example, am so chuffed with how easy it was to do 3 miles at below 7mm pace that I realise that this close to the event is as much a case of getting myself through to the big day unscathed as it is continuing to build strength, fitness and endurance.

I must say I am proper excited tonight about the race having spoken to the lovely people at The Children's Trust. Was a little concerned that I had heard nothing from Virgin yet but I am now relaxed that nothing can go wrong and my pack will drop onto my mat any day now.

Roll on rest day tomorrow, 5 miles Saturday and 20 Sunday.

A month today....

No comments:

Post a Comment