Sunday 14 March 2010

Running in a foreign country..


Namely Czech Republic, doesn't come without it's hazards although the old maxim of a change being as good as a rest I am sure rings true also.


Not blogged in a week for a couple of reasons, main one being that my internet at home has died until Sky supply a new power supply. Also had a little rest as was feeling a little pulling in my thigh which had been getting worse. Hopefully this mornings easy 3 miler signifies that the break has cured the problem, certainly didn't feel it.


Anyway woke up bright and early this morning in Teplice, must say the students were exceptionally well behaved yesterday, and opened the curtains to be confronted with a blanket of snow. The roads were clear so I thought I would do my running there, not on a potentially treacherous path. However trying to navigate my first big junction with the cars (Skodas) driving on the wrong side of the road forced a swift rethink, way too confusing, I chanced my arm on the paths after all.


So slippery pavements and dangerous Skodas were actually the only two hazards although I think I shall have to learn the Czech for Good Morning today if I expect any replies tomorrow morning. I am imagining a number of people sat at the breakfast table or in their office now telling their family and friends about the crazy man who ran past yelling strange things at them. What can I say I'm a cheery runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment