Sunday 4 April 2010

Taper time...

... is here, and not a second too soon to be frank.

Todays planned 22 miles lsr was cut to 18, not ideal, but then nor is death by dehydration.

Joking aside was tough from the off today and my refuelling strategy just didn't work, why I changed from last weeks is a bit of a mystery but another lesson learnt. Well one of the reasons I changed was because Tesco didn't have my muffins yesterday leading to home made flapjacks, too chewy. Secondly, and a schoolboy error I suppose, why I didn't take Lucozade sport and water as I did last week I really don't know. Yes it is awkward with 2 bottles but I am well aware that come VLM that problem will be eradicated by the way the drink stations are situated. When I ran out of drink at mile 12 realised was going to be a hard final 10.

Knee wasn't too bad with Cho Pat and I have realised that is such a problem because of the changing terrains, every time I changed surface it started to hurt again until Cho Pat worked its magic, usually about 30 seconds. Is changing terrain a problem in London, I am presuming no.

Anyway pfft to 22 miles have now done 2 x 20 2 x 18 2 x 15 with another 15 and 12 to do so am comfortable that come the day I will get round in under 4 hours everything being well.

3 weeks today...

No comments:

Post a Comment