Saturday 17 April 2010

Dreams


4 mile run this morning, nice and easy, knee not great but not bad either, how much of it is in the mind now I'm not sure, it was so good on Wednesday night without cho-pat though may try it without again tomorrow for last long run before the big day.

Terrible nights sleep last night though and that after a jar or two. If this continues for the next week I am going to be like a zombie by race day. I had bad dreams about every possible thing that could go wrong at the start on race day going wrong, thing is none of them could, I'm sure, possibly happen.

First I dreamt that I couldn't find the start line and wandered round aimlessly. Woke up.

Then I dreamt that I went the wrong way at the start and didn't realise until I got to a dead end. Woke up.

Then I dreamt I turned up and had entered the wrong race, god only knows what race it was but it wasn't VLM. Woke up.

Lastly I dreamt that I got to the start area and had forgotten everything, garmin, running gear, bag for the bus. Oh and I couldn't find the toilet.

Last time I woke it was time to get up and run.

Here's to a better night tonight.

Oh, my life is changing everyday
In every possible way
And my dreams it's never quiet as it seems
Never quiet as it seems

For a Brucie bonus point name the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment