Friday 2 April 2010

Reasons not to run...


1. Torrential rain
2. Gale force winds
3. Consumption of following previous evening:

Tuna Pasta
4 packs McCoys
5 pints Magners
Double Decker
Bounty
Snickers (after approximately 5.5hrs in freezer)
Numerous cow biscuits

Lets make it clear that this is not the usual diet of a top class athlete, or myself, but felt like pushing the boat out having finished work for 17 days.

Although once I may have accepted these reasons to stay in bed am obviously glad now that I went out this morning even though it didn't go completely to plan and I wasn't pleased at the time.

Supposed to do mile warm up, 4 mile tempo @ 7.20 pace and mile warm down. Didn't quite work out like that. Ended up as 1 mile warm up (so far so good) 2 miles @ 7.22 (retching constantly as I ran during last half mile) and 2.23 mile warm down. Not too bothered though, I got out there at least and better self inflicted pain than proper injury. On the topic of injuries was first time with cho pat and everything seemed fine so fingers crossed, 23 days to go....

Theres method in the Magners!

No comments:

Post a Comment