Friday 1 February 2013

A futile gesture on a good day

Sponsor me here I had an email from the Royal Mail this morning having contacted them on the off chance they would cover the costs of posting things ahead of me on the challenge. They said they couldn't , as I expected really, but said if I was willing to promote their new Bobby Moore stamps and change my charity to Prostate Cancer UK they would match any donations. Er thanks for that but no thanks... Was pleased however to secure third place in the FB competition to win kit and donations to my charity to the total of £300, is just a shame that Allan Rumbles couldn't get amongst the prizes too Will mean a lot to my challenge though and I think is just reward for a hard week of campaigning, apologies to my FB friends for my constant nagging, worked though I will now start nagging for donations again Had a few letters this week from the clubs I'm visiting, including the mighty Spurs, all offering me access to the pitch, photo opportunities and signed memorabilia, even if Spurs wouldn't give me tickets for the City game. I will still be there on matchday though so will hopefully raise some funds, not going to the game is probably for the best with Family von Rogerson arriving and the expo that day too. Been a quiet week so far for the running as I think I have been doing too much too soon on my new foam roller and calves have really been aching, only 20 miles so far and 35 on Veera, will look to get 40 in over the weekend now though....

No comments:

Post a Comment