Friday 8 February 2013

Horse marriages and lasagne with gay meat...

What a week it has been for news that makes me ask what is the bloody issue here? Usually I will admit that apart from keeping up with the economic news and business stuff for my job I try to give the media news propoganda scaremongering nonsense a very wide berth but this week these two stories have made me sit up and scratch my head. Maybe I have paid attention a little more because I have had a deadly serious case of man flu, or something worse, today was my first painkiller free day since last Sunday, and tomorrow will be my first run in a week. Firstly with the whole gay marriage debacle, so they had to vote right? Why did so many vote against it though? What exactly is the problem, I mean to say I am a red blooded male and can not even start to see the issue. Go for your life I say! I can however see, being a business lecturer and from a food processing industry background, why there is a 'slight' quality issue with people buying beef products that are actually horse meat but am not sure why as a nation we don't eat horse? I know it is not part of our culture but, and correct me if I'm wrong, lots do right? I wouldn't mind giving it a try so am genuinely interested as to why it is frowned upon in our culture, is it because people keep them as 'pets'? Anyway can't wait to get out and run tomorrow, only 6 miles, will probably cycle Sunday, then all being well plan to do 10 miles Monday and add another 2 miles on per day until I end up doing 22 next Sunday, a big week along with dotting the I's and crossing the T's for Born to Run ultra and continuing to plan for 'I am Premier League'. Thank Gawd is half term. Only got accommodation to sort for Kingston now for the run and am ready to go there or thereabouts. Can spend my SportPursuit winnings too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment