Thursday 28 February 2013

Excitabababable

Don't know why I am so excitable today but I have that feeling in my belly and bones that I get before major races and events. Imagine a child in the week before Christmas and times by 10 basically, I really have to struggle to keep myself under control and not use up too much energy. So I am not sure whether is the fact is 4 weeks today that has got me frothing or the fact that the donations are slowly picking up, I could reach £2000 any time now which is nice :-) I had a donation off Romsey Round Table of £200 last night which gave me hell of a boost. It turns out that an old friend in Southampton is a member and the committee voted unanimously to donate and offer support when I am in the area, which is nice. Having spoken to the guy he agreed that is was worth contacting all branches on route so that is what I have been doing tonight, am about half way through, at Little Haywood, think I should contact 50-60 in all, is it too much to dream that maybe half of them will come through? Apparently they are very competitive and if they know one is supporting will want to outdo them so watch this space.... Running has been an ok week, 43 miles in last 3 days and a LOT planned for next 3 days. I have been questioning this today though and probably wont do as many as I first had planned. A friend of mine who had a similar crazy challenge lined up has a stress fracture of the lower leg and this has bought into focus how important it is I do everything in my power to get to the start line on 28th March in one piece, is only so prepared I can be and I DO NOT want to break myself now.... Sure I had gazillion more things to say but no idea what they were now so until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment