Tuesday 29 January 2013

Becoming proper common sensible

Maybe it is because I am 40 and am becoming maturer, maybe it is because I am ultra cautious about injury scuppering the whole 'I am Premier League' challenge but I seem to be in danger of being labelled sensible if I keep making the same decsions I have the last few days... Has been sooooooooooooooo windy the last two days here, roofer is coming tomorrow as we have some loose tiles, where we are situated we always take a battering but have not had loose tiles in the 14 years or so we have lived here. Anyway I cycled into work yesterday as was a 'rest day' and planned to do an hour and a half or so on the way home. However coming over the estuary bridge I had to get off and push as was in serious danger of being blown into oncoming traffic. Made the decision at this point to go the shortest way home, it was, as I say a 'rest day' after all. Not sure if was as windy today but was running home from work and decided to turn inland after the same bridge rather than taking the coastal path as was like running in treacle. So was with this weather and tight calfs that I only ran 8 of the planned 12 miles and decided not to go out after tea to do the other 4 which I would usually do. Just lots of foam rolling now and in the morning then a short run tomorrow evening. Will possibly make the 4 up later in the week but if I don't hey ho, is already my biggest ever mileage month Is the most sensible I am likely to be.... In other news from Rogerson Towers things are starting to gain momentum for the challnge, interviewed on local radio this morning, local paper are taking photos and interviewing tomorrow night and another radio interview later in the week. This mornings station are going to interview me live every morning during the challenge Lots of other media lined up for during and post run too so hopefully will really get on the radar and help raise loads of lovely spondoolies for the charities, fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment