Sunday 15 January 2012

Return of the Matt

So I'm back up in the game
Running things to keep my swing
Letting all the people know
That I'm back to run the show

Well maybe not to run the show but certainly back blogging for this year’s marathon assault.

Can’t actually believe I am blogging for the first time since post London last April and the whole 3 marathons in 16 days shenanigans.

Anyway this April is all about me, selfish I know, and am running my local marathon, Llanelli, with the hope of getting a marathon PB that does my preparation some justice. I won’t say what my actual target is but let’s just say sub 3:30 would be lovely.

Again for selfish reasons am hoping that keeping the blog will help me pursue this goal, the training is fine but I hope to report every day how well I am doing keeping up the core and strength work but more importantly eating healthily and getting back down to the weight I was pre-December. I really am a bloater, compared to 6-7 weeks ago anyway, at the moment. Christmas was great but whoever it was began the mince pie tradition has a huge amount to answer for.

In terms of training things are going ok, done 114 miles so far this month and have a new mountain bike, Veera, which I have also been getting some miles in on and hope to ride down some hills very fast next weekend. This morning I did my longest run in a good while, possibly, without checking my log, since the aborted run up to Robin Hood last September. So 17.33 (the .33 are very important I feel) miles including the second half into a bloody strong head wind, with a negative split has me feeling quite confident it is going to be a good year with another plethora of PB’s before I move up an age group when I turn 40 at the end of the year.

So here is to a strong year blogging and running, I will share my complete race plans at a later date, and hopefully pushing my running club a little harder, or as hard as work and family commitments will allow. What with also arranging Llanelli’s first ultra in March, where I look forward to meeting a load of friendly faces I shouldn’t find a shortage of things to write about. The only problem is I always think of things to say when I am out running etc and then have forgotten all about them when I get here, maybe I need a note book although if I really did jot all my random thoughts down I would probably be institutionalised….

Oh if you are clueless what I am talking about regards the club and ultra look here http://breathefitnessandevents.wordpress.com/

Until tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment