Monday 16 January 2012

Manic Monday



Time it goes so fast
When you're having fun

Summary of W/C 9/1/12

Mileage – 54.94 miles
Bike – 45.53 miles
Core sessions – 3
Weight loss – 3.5lbs
Exercise interrupting dogs – 2

I’m on a roll now with two blogs in two days, long may it continue!

Am going to start every Monday off with a summary like above. I have been told blogs are allowed to be selfish and am sure, being the type of person I am, that knowing the eyes of the blogging world are on me will keep me on track with my goals regards training and eating. So not a bad week last week by any stretch of the imagination, only two dogs is a bonus too. Have had two already this week, the first one really tested the brakes on the new bike this morning, they passed thankfully. So at this point each week you can congratulate me on my awesome previous week, berate me if I have been weak or like Laura, my better half for those not in the know, just tell me you hate me for losing so much weight. She was joking I am sure?!? On the other hand you are also welcome to not care either way but you have read this far so you do right?

Before anyone starts to worry I am starving myself trust me that is never going to happen. I had 5 good days which consists of breakfast, usually poached eggs on toast (no butter), mid morning banana, lunch (100g pasta/rice with peppers, chillies and spring onions. Low fat yoghurt. Pink Lady apple) mid afternoon apple, copious amounts of whatever we are having as a family for tea and then sometimes cereal for supper. The other two days I had all of the above plus unfathomable amounts of chocolate digestives. Apart from that I do avoid fried foods if possible. Hopefully will only be one chocolate day this week, has to be done if is not going to become a chore, will probably squeeze in a double decker to compliment the digestives.

Good day in college today was made even better when last lesson was cancelled as the group were in a talk allowing me to leave early and do a few miles extra home on the bike, where I took the above photo from the start line of my ultra. Plan is to take a photo from somewhere on the route every time I am on it just to help whet the competitors appetite (or scare them shitless).

Only a core session left for today now as I got up to do it this morning but after glancing in the mirror decided to shave the barnet instead.

Oh and yes I know the first ultra is not out of the way yet but I have an idea for a 64 mile trail one brewing already, just need to make a few enquiries and may even fit it in this year, wiil not be for the faint hearted though (obviously). Watch this space….

Until next time peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment