Wednesday 29 May 2013

Life is like a box of chocolates...

Yesterday was positive, today not so great, an excuse for a bit of Bowie though, the next day... Had a bit of a reaction in the leg this morning, first time since started running again, clearly down to yesterdays intervals. Is nothing serious but a little ache that hasn't been there for many weeks, around 6 I would hazard a guess at. Who knows if this may become problematic? Not me but for now I predict short term yes long term no. Ok I wont be running today and will have to scratch flat out speed work for at least another 4 weeks but I actually think the reaction is just because the leg is not used to the full range of motion and pounding thast intervals bring, the doctor said it could be a stiff for a while and it has been when fully extended. So no speed work for 4 weeks and then introduce it a lot more slowly and build up to eyeball popping intervals, easy (I hope) Plan for today now includes a couple of hours on Veera and an afternoon and evening on the sauce with friends from work and outgoing students. Previous experience suggests this will be good fun, we will stay with the students until they start to become silly and then go our separate ways and be even sillier :-) Will hopefully get some gentle hangover busting miles in tomorrow, maybe running but if not will have to be on Veera again. Have a meeting with the powers that be at Bobby Moore Fund on Friday as they want to discuss a few ideas I have, is very exciting I must say. Don't worry though it doesn't involve me doing anything crazy, promise....

No comments:

Post a Comment