Tuesday 4 June 2013

How very dare she?

Laura had a good tidy up yesterday and left a pile of running shoes out for me asking which ones could be binned, if they could be binned they would already be binned right? To be fair I did once throw one boot out of a pair of £100+ boots of hers away so I should be grateful for small mercys right? Anyway back to the shoes, two of the four pairs Laura was enquiring about have never been used, Inov8 Road x33s which are more minimal than anything I have ever run in and which I won in a competition a while back and have never got round to using. There were also a pair of Inov8 Roclite trail shoes with about 150 miles in and an old, but barely used, pair of Mizuno Wave Hood trail shoes. I am sure they will both be used again in the future, will be doing at least one trail race this year and a few off road ultras next year are planned.... My return keeps gathering momentum, disregarding the (as I was rightly informed) STOOPID interval session I did last week. Ran Llyn Llech Owain Parkrun for the third time Saturday and came in at 23.43 with some left in the tank. Don't think I had an extra minute a mile in the tank which would be PB pace but a little so was quite happy, was better than I expected put it that way. Had a nice run with Sospans on Sunday morning at around 75% WHR then, nearly 7 miles so edging the mileage back up slowly. Today has been scorchio here in South Wales so knew todays run home between 60-70% WHR wouldn't be breakiing any records but again was not unhappy with 6.18 miles in just under an hour. Decided than that I would start to break the aforementioned Inov8 Roads in tonight with a lap of the field to warm up, a core circuit session, and then a lap of the field to warm down. Unfortunately the bus was an hour late getting Rob for youth club so I scrapped the circuits :-) and just did two laps in them, felt good. Will get up at an ungodly hour in the morning and do the circuits, no really I will... Plans for the rest of the week go something like this, club run tomorrow night between 60-70% WHR (note to self to not attach myself to leading pack) gentle jog to and from the first of the local 5k series on Thursday, run that at no more than 75% WHR, run home from work Friday and then 8 miles on my own Sunday morning as most of the club are off to do the Castles relay, both at 60-70% WHR. Throw in a couple of core and strength sessions and some mile son Veera and will be another strong week to tick off. Hope the sun is shining for you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment