Thursday 20 December 2012

Ruminations 16/12/12

125 days to go and a blind long run this morning and the ruminations continue apace. Lets start with the blind long run. The garmin packed up after two miles, took me a while to get it started at all so had thankfully put stopwatch on and just decided to run for two and a half hours which at usual pace would take me to 16 miles +. Plotted it on run keeper when I got home and came in at 16.7 so all good. Have been feeling even more fat and lazy than usual lately and only got 4 runs in this week (plus a few miles on Veera) which is the cause of some of aforementioned ruminations, 1. am I doing enough leading up to the challenge, 2. do I have a problem (Hi my name is The Terminator and I'm a mince pie addict) and 3. how much training should I be doing? I think I have answers to all the questions: 1. Have still done 40 this week and 93 in 16 days plus 79 on Veera so far this month, and that is with my 40th celebrations, not so bad really. 2. Yes I probably eat more mince pies than the average bear but hey have burnt off enough calories for about 70 so far in December so am probably in credit 3. This kind man http://docandrewmurray.com/ emailed me earlier and just suggested lots of traning with one week in build up of 80-90% (170 miles) of planned first weeks mileage (210) which scares me a little but leads to one of my other 2 ruminations of which I will return to at a later date because Sports Personality is about to start... If you have read this garbage maybe you want to sponsor me too? http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague

No comments:

Post a Comment