Thursday 20 December 2012

Kicking the crap out of man flu

I was talking about ruminations last time out and the one that was concerning me the most was whether I was doing enough training, well the questions remain in my head and although I was inspired enough by Ellie Simmonds speech on Sunday night to get out for 5AM runs Tuesday and Wednesday I wimped out this morning, despite getting up and dressed, because of a sore throat and head cold. True to form, and despite remaining under the weather all day, I have been berating myself because let's be honest I wont be able to wimp out come March 28th, head cold, man flu or whatever. Add this to the fact that I will be out on the pop with work from midday tomorrow and because of this, the hangover (I am 40 now, it takes a while ) and christmas shopping commitments probably wont be able to do anything of substance until Sunday afternoon I managed to head out for an hour on the bike in the wind and rain after tea. Not on two feet but I only had a 6 miler planned anyway and was out longer on the bike than I would have been for the run so feel happier with myself. is only man flu right? I tell you something else too, with three months to go still until i get under way I can honestly say this is the hardest challenge I have faced already, I can deal with the training but the mental side of it such as the organising, the constant questioning of my abilities and even more importantly how I can maximise the fundraising is already taking its toll. All i can say is thank the lord I have got so many great people supporting me in so many different ways. If you are taking the time to read through my insomnia curing ramblings you are probably one of them so thanks. i will sign off with a disclaimer for any drunken blogs or ramblings that emanate from this direction in the next 36 hours or, in fact, any time between now and the New Year. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague

No comments:

Post a Comment