Sunday 2 December 2012

139 days

That is not really a lot of days at all in the general scheme of things and will be here before I know it barring any Mayan apocalypses which would really put a spanner in the works... Has come into sharp focus again now as finally my local charity, Breakthro Llanelli, have finally managed to 'breakthro' the paperwork and bureaucracy of HMRC and get themeselve registered on Virgin Giving so the important stuff, fundraising, can start. Have had the page up for 18 hours and am up to £120 already. If it continues at that rate for the next 139 days I will raise exactly 'lots' before I even set off from Geordie land. You are of course welcome to contribute http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattRogersonispremierleague With the challenge looming large on the horizon I realised last week that I HAVE to stop coasting along and start cranking the miles up so put together a plan, what can I say, it is not very scientific, but I work better with one. Have averaged 40 miles per week on two feet and the same on two wheels over last 4 weeks and my 15 miler this morning was my longest run since August and felt pretty comfortable so am heading in the right direction. Must try to make sure that I manage to keep this up over next 4 weeks as I no doubt succumb to temptation and gorge on mince pies, birthday cake (I'm 40 in 5 days ) and all other types of calorific wonders. Actually need 176 miles to beat last years total, don't think it is possible but wil help keep some extra focus.....

No comments:

Post a Comment