Wednesday 5 May 2010

Where's the sun gone?


12 days since buying running glasses and have worn them once and that was because it was easier than carrying them in VLM. Not saying wasn't perfect running weather today, cool and overcast with the odd patch of light drizzle, but I want to wear my glasses. I may stamp my feet now.

Moving on, another 5 slow miles in the bank, exactly same heart rate as last night, averaging 140 which is 65% whr but 15 seconds a mile faster. Guess consistency will come with time, is still bloody slow, but I, being the inquisitive type, still wonder as to the reasons why there is such a variance. It seems quite clear now however that, looking at heart rate, in training for VLM I was doing my LSR's at what should have been my PMP which is why I was struggling to do the long tempo runs at 8mm pace, was aiming too high. Anyway not to worry, you live and learn.

Glad to get the run out of the way though because I can now get bangers, mash and beans out of the way and pace up and down waiting for the biggest Spurs game I remember seeing for a long while. Come on the Lillywhites.....

No comments:

Post a Comment