Saturday 8 May 2010

Duck Duck Goose


Crap run this morning. Must persevere though with it though. These things happen. More of that later.

Whilst running past the duck pond behind the leisure centre I saw a family of geese with lots of ickle babies, which was nice. Well at least it was until Mother Goose felt threatened by my elephant foot falls thudding towards her and decided to start flapping her wings and hissing at me. No wonder my hr was all over the place. Never have been a fan of birds. Thankfully 20 metres further on Mother Duck and babies weren't so bothered. It must be birdy baby season?

So what was the matter with the run? You tell me. Supposed to be 5 miles at below 60%whr so less than 133 bpm but ended up averaging 135, not a great discrepancy in the general scale of things and not something I will beat myself up over but just didn't enjoy the run, was so slow to start with but more importantly so difficult to find a good rhythm which to me is key to enjoyment. So what caused this is the question I ask myself and I have a few ideas.

1. It took a little longer to get the heart rate down, usually half a mile, was about .75 this morning. Not completely sure why but had my day off eating healthy yeaterday and ended up waking this and heading out this morning with indigestion. Is nearly enough to persuade me just not to have days off at all.

2. Was windy, obviously have to work harder?

3. After a few mild undualtions during miles 3 and 4 it was a real struggle to get hr under control.

4, Maybe it was just the killer geese.

I guess HR consistency will come with time, just have to persevere as I said. We all have bad days eh...

No comments:

Post a Comment