Sunday 9 May 2010

Rocky Road


Made a batch friday night in anticipation of trying it as fuel on my run this morning. Was only 10 miles so thought it was short enough to try it in case of any problems. Must say it was fantastic, much easier to digest than previous favourites chocolate muffins or flapjacks. Only problem now is whether I make a batch every weekend or just buy a slab from starbucks. Kids are already addicted to it, is very nice, and is a little calorific.

On to todays run and was so much easier to pace myself aiming for 65%whr (140bpm) than yesterdays nightmare.Certainly seems that around 10.10mm is right pace at that whr for the mo. Really enjoyed the run, beautiful weather and very quiet on the coastal path. Have got a problem with big toe left foot though, have diagnosed as turf toe and think may have strained it doing calf raises Thursday night.

Will test the toe with an easy mile @ 5.30 in the morning before a weights session. Hopefully, and I'm sure it will, be fine and I can do my 4 easy tomorrow night and smash my 5k pb Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment