Tuesday 4 May 2010

Back at it...


...Thought the end of VLM was going to be end of blogging days but signing up to Robin Hood marathon and making a few key training decisions has led me to decide that I shall continue so you will have to put up with my drivel a while longer.

So why another marathon I hear you say? Well why not, loved everything about London, the training, the anticipation, the run for the best part and the feeling of finishing. I'm never going to be a speed merchant over the shorter distances and whilst I will compete over 5 and 10k I think this is where my future lies. Just please no one suggest the U word.

In terms of training the major decision is regards HR training. A few of you hardy blog reading souls may remember me toying with the idea about a third of the way into my London training only not to go through with it. It just didn't seem right making such a change with 10 weeks to go to my first marathon. This time I'm determined to give it to end of the year at least to see the improvements are worthwhile. First few runs have been pretty slow but am still out there enjoying myself so can cope with that.

Second change is more to do with diet, my stomach has struggled to deal with eating crap for a good few years so am going to stick properly to a good diet, but lots of it, as much as possible. Don't get me wrong though I shall have a day off a week or it may become a little demotivating. Alcohol shall be for special occasions only as, the same as with the food, the stomach is not a fan of beer or cider and I'm not a spirit man.

Last change I'm proposing is to get back on the strength training, obviously focusing on the core, twice a week as I really let that slip over the last 6 months.

So there we have it, a new race, a new plan. I want to run to the best of my capabilities over next few years and feel this is the way forward. Major ambition at moment is to do all of the major marathons by 2014 which means a GFA for Boston at some point. Onwards and upwards....

No comments:

Post a Comment