Thursday 6 June 2013

5k @ Marathon Pace

Another bootiful sunny day here in the Wales. Felt a bit tired cycling to work and back today, achy quads. Was the first 5k race of the local Fusion series tonight so what better way to get 6 mile or so in the bank than to haver a trot around there and throw some pennies in the coffers of the 2nd ;-) best race organiser in Llanelli. After parkrun on Saturday I promised myself I would be a little more sensible and decided to go at marathon pack WHR. I don't actually think I would ever do a marathon by WHR but is a good guide to where you are. Anyways it was lovely to be involved in a race again and see so many friendly faces and I ended coming in averaging 155 bpm which is just below 75% whr which I think is about marathon pace having read the literature. Time was just over 25 minutes or 8.05mm pace which would bring me in at just outside my marathon PB. Not sure I could actually run 26.2 miles at that pace right now although it was extremely comfortable but seems about right for where I think I am right now. Was slowing down though, a definite positive split, but I expected that with a slight head wind for the second half of the race. All interesting stuff though as far as I'm concerned, hopefully I will be free in a month for the next race in the series and see what progress has been made then before the Cardiff half plan begins. Dairy Milk with Oreo, no guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment