Tuesday 23 April 2013

Periosteum

Think that is the word the doctor used in the hospital now. Just been back to the review clinic where the continued swelling although improved, has been three weeks now since intial problem, and ongoing pain, especially in certain situations or positions led to another xray. Although it showed no fracture or anything apparently it did show that the lining of the bone was inflamed and/or has dis-attached itself from the bone which also explains the infection too. I think he said this lining was called the periosteum? Anyway I now have a protective boot to wear if I am to be on my feet for a length of time or as pain dictates. I am to return to the review clinic in two weeks where a decision will be made on an MRI but I am hoping the improvement continues and that will be the end of it. The doctor was very good and thorough in his explanations and although he made it quite clear that I shouldn't start running in these two weeks other exercise such as swimming, cycling and weights will be fine, again as pain dictates. When I do start running, 2 weeks fingers crossed please everyone, I am to start from scratch apparently, thing is I can't remember what scratch is ;-) I guess 1 mile to start with then if that is ok build up from there.... Today I am mostly being positive. I WILL be at Chester marathon chasing that Boston GFA time for 2015........

No comments:

Post a Comment