Thursday 1 November 2012

Now ladies and gentlemen. what you have been waiting for....

Top tune, I do feel good and strong! (today) Really this time I am going to get back to blogging regularly. I feel that today being the start of another month has bought my 'I am Premier League'(IAPL) challenge even closer. Well it is actually bloody obvious it has bought it closer but my Spidey senses are sharpening and it just seems a little more real than it did yesterday.If you know me you more than likely know about the challenge but just in case you don't you can click here I need to start getting things down though so one day I can look back and say oh yeah that was fun or shit that was a bad day. My main problem though is as I go through the day I have loads of ideas about things to blog and then I sit down and they have all gone. My short term memory is bloody rubbish, I blame my lifestyle between the ages of 15 and 35 but that is a whole other story and certainly not one to be aired before the watershed ;-) So this is the start of my journey documenting my training for IAPL via my 40th Birthday, Christmas Shenanigans in Rogerson Towers, trips to Londinium, a few races to be run at easy pace (I will not listen to the little voices in my head), organising and staging my ultra and the whole work and family thing. Am currently building up from a rather gay broken toe which led to 4 weeks not running and lots of miles on Veera. Have been back running about 6 weeks I think, am now up to two 10 milers on a weekend and plan on adding a mile on per week on a Sunday through to January and stick at 12 on a Saturday. Apart from that will be one 10 miler a week, a few 6-8 milers and loads more miles on Veera, nothing can prepare me proplerly for what I am taking on I guess so am just looking to get plenty of miles on tired legs without breaking myself and really pushing the Veera miles. Today was a Veera day, a nice 25 mile loop apart from what I thought was a bit of fun at 5 miles when I went through a flood on the Marsh Road which was about a foot deep and soaked my feet which then turned to blocks of ice by about mile 12 and were very very uncomfortable by the end, wont be doing that again. So basically this is it, don't expect blogs about the state of the world (dpn't get me started) or my views on anything deep and meaningful, just lots of today I ran or Veera'd x amount of miles, it was great/average/shit because I was/wasn't tired/hungover/full of manflu. x

No comments:

Post a Comment