Thursday 10 March 2011

Harder better faster stronger



Work It Harder Make It Better
Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
More Than Ever Hour After
Our Work Is Never Over

Is a funny old game eh? The life of a runner!

With the three marathons coming up I have certainly trained harder better and faster this year and last weekends Llanelli Waterside Half Marathon PB suggests I am definitely stronger. Felt good throughout @ 7.25mm pace on a lovely Llanelli morning on a route I know like the back of my proverbial hand. Could have kept on keeping on for sure.

Fast forward 4 days to tonights run home from work and is amazing how hard I had to push to do 6 @ 8mm pace, albeit it hilly and windy and still aching from my first ever tabata workout on Monday. Was/am shattered, although no doubt tomorrows 14 mile doubler will be much easier. Thats the way it works....Right?

Terrible photo eh? Thought Laura would have told me to ditch the headgear...

No comments:

Post a Comment